Today we’re talking to Jennifer Moss, who’s a researcher, Co-founder of Plasticity Labs, and a member of the Workplace Happiness Group at the United Nations Global Happiness Council. She is considered to be a Workplace Culture Expert and Thought Leader on the topic of happiness and emotional intelligence, and is author of the bestselling book Unlocking Happiness at Work.
In this conversation, Jen guides us through the seven traits that enable happy and high performing employees and offers simple happiness hacks any workplace can use to help improve people’s wellbeing. She also cautions us about the happiness inhibitors that can bring us unstuck and why being happy at work doesn’t mean avoiding stress or sadness.
Connect with Jennifer Moss:
Website: https://plasticitylabs.com/GET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [02:38] – Jen discusses the traits needed for people to be happy and effective at work.
- [07:27] – Jen talks about how paying attention to the little things can have a big impact on productivity.
- [10:27] – Jen explains how you can utilize technology to better engage with staff, and learn what’s happening in the workplace.
- [12:12] – Jen talks about the three R’s of building habits and why habits don’t get created in 21 days.
- [14:45] – Jen gives examples of how to create habits that help improve wellbeing.
- [19.21] – Jen explains how to make changes at work a more positive experience.
- [21:44] – The lightning round with Jennifer Moss
- Unlocking Happiness at Work
- James Clear (Author)
- The Future of Happiness – Amy Blankson
- Freakonomics – Steven D. Levitt
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you Jen!