My guest today is Emiliya Zhivotovskaya, the founder of The Flourishing Center of Benefit Corporation. She is the creator of the Certification in Applied Positive Psychology.
Emiliya Zhivotovskaya’s website: http://www.emiliya.com/
In this interview, you’ll hear Emiliya talk about the connection of mind and body, specifically in regards to vitality. Our bodies affect our thoughts and vice versa. So how do we bring that vitality into our lives? It’s not through major interventions, but rather small daily life hacks. Emiliya shares a few that you can implement into your life.
You will learn about the importance of our digestive system in this conversation. Emiliya talks about how our gut is our “second brain.” She describes its effect on our our mind body health and lists ways for us to keep the second brain healthy. This is a conversation with a lot of practical and easily implemented tips and exercises.
- [2:06] – Emiliya shares her model of vitality.
- [6:28] – Why do many researchers teach the mind and body are separate components?
- [8:28] – Why our gut is “the second brain.”
- [10:45] – Daily hacks to improve your vitality.
- [14:02] – Emiliya talks about the importance of probiotics and prebiotics in our diets.
- [15:29] – The importance of squatting on the potty.
- [17:33] – Sleep is the foundation of all vitality.
- [19:35] – The lightning round with Emiliya Zhivotovskaya
Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari – https://amzn.com/0062316095
Certificate in Positive Psychology – http://getcertifiedinpospsych.com
The Canadian Positive Psychology Association – http://cppa.ca
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Special thanks to Emiliya for joining me this week. Until next time, take care!