This week, I am joined by Anna Box who is a psychologist, story strategist, and founder of Screen and Soul, where she delivers film and thriving workshops, designed to deliver evidence-based well-being and performance psychology, all while feeling like a day at the movies. In all she does, Anna mashes the art of story with the science of thriving.
In this conversation, you will hear Anna explain how great stories articulate the truth of human life and can shape our behaviors. She shares how wraps the teaching of wellbeing content in workplaces within stories – particularly films that simultaneously light up many different parts of our brain – as a powerful way to help make wellbeing practices resonate and stick.
Connect with Anna Box:
Anna Box on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/annabox/GET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [02:55] – Anna explains how to fuse storytelling and thriving in workplaces.
- [04:45] – Anna talks about the role of Joseph Campbell’s “Hero’s Journey Approach” in storytelling.
- [06:05] – Anna describes how she’s teaching leaders to improve thriving in workplaces by helping them understand more about the hero’s journey.
- [10:30] – Anna shares cautions about using film to teach wellbeing and how to protect from those things.
- [17:02] – Anna shares that the neuroscience of stories work.
- [18:14] – Anna discusses teaching leaders how to tell stories that might help to improve their people’s wellbeing.
- [20:12] – The Lightning Round with Anna Box.
- Rising Strong: How the Ability to Reset Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead – Brené Brown
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead – Brené Brown
- A Mindfulness Guide for the Frazzled – Ruby Wax
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you Anna!