Tom Rath is an author and researcher who has spent the past two decades studying how work can improve human health and wellbeing. His ten books including, Strengths Finder 2.0, Wellbeing, and Eat Move Sleep, have sold more than ten million copies, and made hundreds of appearances on global bestseller lists. During his 13 years at Gallup, Tom was the Program Leader for the development of Clifton Strengths Finder, which has helped over 20 million people to uncover their talents, and went on to lead the organization’s employee engagement, wellbeing, and leadership practices worldwide. He has served for the past five years as a Gallup Senior Scientist. He’s also an advisor, investor, and partner in several start-ups.
In this podcast, we explore how small changes in the way you eat, move and sleep can improve your wellbeing and performance at work.
Connect with Tom Rath:GET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [04:29] – Tom explains how the small choices around how we eat, move and sleep each day can have a big impact on our wellbeing and performance at work.
- [08:16] – Tom outlines why tackling the way we eat, move, and sleep simultaneously is a better way to improve our energy levels.
- [11:38] – Tom offers some small choices that can improve the way we’re eating each day.
- [15:44] – Tom provides some tips to help leaders improve the way people eat at work together.
- [18:18] – Tom explains why sitting is our biggest health challenge at work and the easy ways we can get people moving more at work.
- [21:35] – Tom explains why lack of sleep is the most underestimated threat to our wellbeing and performance at work.
- [25:17] – Tom completes the Lightning Round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
You can also listen to all the episodes of Making Positive Psychology Work streamed directly to your smartphone or iPad through stitcher. No need for downloading or syncing.
Until next time, take care! Thank you Tom!
Wellbeing Survey For Youth
Our free PERMAH Wellbeing Survey Tool For Youth is now available.Learn More
Wellbeing Survey For Kids
Our FREE PERMAH Survey tool for Kids under 12 is now available.Learn More
Listen to the world’s leading positive psychology researchers and practitioners as they share their insights on our top-rated podcast.Listen Now
Do you want to help boost people’s wellbeing, resilience & performance? Then join us for the next round of Certificate In Creating Wellbeing.Learn More
- Making Positive Psychology Work - Afterparty
Podcast with Chelle, Paige and Michelle
- Do You Have A Wellbeing Strategy?
Podcast with Dr. Peggy Kern
- Do You Need A Wise Intervention?
Podcast with Greg Walton