Peter Block is an author and citizen of Cincinnati, Ohio. He is the author of nine books including Community: The Structure of Belonging, The Abundant Community with John McKnight and coauthor of An Other Kingdom. His work is in the restoration of the common good and creating a world that reclaims our humanity from the onslaught of modernism
In this week’s episode, Peter Block explains why listening and connecting are the core leadership strategies needed in workplaces today, how to work with cynics, and what the key questions and conversations have been in his work as an organizational turned community development practitioner-scholar.
Connect with Peter Block:GET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [03:32] – Peter explains why listening is a core capacity needed in workplaces today and why being a role model or visionary leader is not necessary.
- [06:58] – Peter explains what conversations are necessary in shifting organizational narratives.
- [08:58] – Peter shares how he assesses whether an organization is ready to have a new more positive change conversation.
- [11:30] – Peter explains what helps him understand concepts like emergence and complex adaptive systems.
- [12:31] – Peter explains why it’s important to live with uncertainty and side with the cynics.
- [15:01] – Peter shares why creating wellbeing and change is all about connection.
- [15:37] – Peter completes the Lightning Round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you Peter!