Podcast with Alissa Daire Nelson
Alissa Daire Nelson is a certified strength strategy coach who gives people the tools and guidance to put their strengths to work. She’s the host of the Maximize Your Strengths Podcast, and author of From Frustrated To Frickin’ Awesome: 4 Steps to Achieve the Success You’re Wired For. Alissa’s work has been featured in media outlets all over the world.
In this week’s episode, we explore the practical steps we can take to spot and develop people’s strengths – the things we’re good at and enjoy doing – using tools like CliftonStrengths in workplaces.
Connect with Alissa Nelson:
- [02:13] – Alissa explains why people’s strengths can help us quickly strengthen our relationship at work.
- [04:49] – Alissa explains how tools like Clifton Strengths can give us a language to spot and understand the strengths in each other.
- [08:04] – Alissa explains how we can use the talents that tools like Clifton Strengths surface for us as we go about our jobs to improve our performance and wellbeing at work.
- [11:06] – Alissa explains why it’s helpful to understand the contributions our strengths can make and the needs we each have to support our strengths at work.
- [14:11] – Alissa explains how we can become aware and manage the triggers that occur when our strengths are overlooked or undervalued by others we work with.
- [19:37] – Alissa offers some tips to help us get better at noticing how we can develop our strengths more effectively at work.
- [22:36] – Alissa offers tips for leaders to help develop their people’s strengths more at work.
- [26:37] – Alissa completes the Lightning Round.
- MPPW Podcast on Facebook
- Brene Brown Talks
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
- Leadership & Self-Deception by The Arbinger Group
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you Alissa!