BJ Fogg, is an experimental psychologist who directs the behavior design lab at Stanford University. He is renowned for creating breakthrough methods for changing human behavior called, “Tiny Habits.” Fortune Magazine has named BJ one of the 10 New Gurus You Should Know.
In this conversation, you will hear BJ talk about the tiny habits method. He explains how small behavior changes are easier to implement and sustain when it comes to creating lasting positive changes and the three simple steps you can take to make tiny habits part of your daily wellbeing routine.
Connect with BJ Fogg:
Website: TinyHabits.comGET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [01:29] – BJ talks about his research on making positive behaviors stick.
- [02:09] – BJ explains what a “tiny habit” is and how it works.
- [04:12] – BJ describes how he used the tiny habits method with daily pushups.
- [06:19] – BJ talks about our brains adapting to tiny habits.
- [07:23] – In case the habit isn’t “taking.” BJ shares how to tweak the recipe.
- [10:26] – BJ explains that simplicity lies at the heart of behavior change.
- [13:35] – BJ tells us why celebration is important to help behavior changes continue.
- [18:34] – BJ shares how his newest research is looking to uncover super tiny habits that have the biggest impact on our wellbeing.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thanks BJ!