Podcast with Jacqueline Stavros
Jacqueline is an Associate Professor at the Lawrence Technological University and has been honored with the LTU Inaugural Presidential Research Award. She’s known for her creation of SOAR, a profoundly positive approach to strategic thinking, planning, and leadership, based on the concept of Appreciative Inquiry.
Today we’re talking to Jacqui about how the SOAR framework and how this can be used to help organizations and teams take a strengths-based, systems approach to strategic planning. and the kind of results they might expect. Jacqui helps us to understand how SOAR differs from SWOT approaches, how to help the cynics embrace a more strengths-orientated approach and how you conduct a quick SOAR in just a few hours with a team.
Connect with Jacqueline Stavros:
- [02:14] – Jackie talks about ‘meeting people where they’re at’ by asking generative questions.
- [03:43] – Jackie gives an introduction to the SOAR (strengths, opportunities, aspirations & results) framework and how it can be applied.
- [05:55] – Jackie explains which situations SOAR is most appropriate for in organizations.
- [08:59] – Jackie explains the ‘5 ‘I’ Approach’ to making SOAR work with groups.
- [12:05] – Jackie discusses the impact of SOAR on the workplace.
- [17:15] – Jackie shares potential cautions for using SOAR and how to convert a cynic.
- [24:18] – Lighting round with Jacqueline Stavros.
- Conversations Worth Having by Jackie Stavros, Cheri Torres & David L. Cooperrider
- Flourish by Martin E. P. Seligman
- Your Strengths Blueprint by Michelle L. Mcquaid & Ms Erin Lawn
- Give & Take by Adam Grant
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you Jackie!