Podcast with Dr. Dan Diamond
Dr. Dan Diamond is passionate about equipping leaders to make a difference, especially when resources are scarce or times are tough. For example, Dan was the director of the medical triage unit at the New Orleans Convention Center following Hurricane Katrina, he led one of the first medical teams into Haiti following their devastating earthquake and he was deployed to the Philippines following Typhoon Yolanda. Dan has packaged all of this experience into his book Beyond Resilience, Trench-Tested Tools to Thrive When Times Are Tough and its ideas have been featured on CNN and many other media outlets around the world.
In this episode, we explore how it’s possible to adapt and thrive, even under extreme circumstances at work and in life as Dan explains how two simple questions can move us towards a thrivers mindset that renews us, or a victim, bystander or controller mindset that drains us.
Connect with Dan Diamond:
- [02:20] – Dan explains how power and purpose shape a thriver’s mindset and how it can improve our performance and wellbeing at work.
- [04:23] – Dan shares how our victim, bystander, controller, and thriver mindsets get shaped and how we can free ourselves of mindsets that don’t serve us well.
- [08:56] – Dan offers some practical steps we can take to move towards a thriver mindset more consistently at work.
- [15:55] – Dan shares tips for how leaders can help their teams cultivate more thriver mindsets when times are tough.
- [22.32] – Dan explains how we can be intelligent thrivers who don’t burn ourselves out in an effort to help others.
- [24:55] – Dan Completes the Lightning round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you Dan!