Dr. Belle Rose Ragins is a Sheldon B. Lubar professor of management at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee. She’s an expert in the field of mentoring, diversity, and positive relationships at work. Dr. Ragins has co-authored and edited a number of books. She’s an elected fellow of five professional associations, a Fulbright Senior Specialist Scholar, and past editor of The Academy of Management Review. She’s also received numerous Lifetime Achievement Awards. Her research has over 20,000 citations, and she was recently recognized in Stanford University’s Top Two Percent of Scientists in the World.
In this week’s podcast, we explore high-quality mentoring relationships and the positive impact they can have on diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Connect with Dr. Belle Rose Ragins:
- [ 02:55] – Belle describes high-quality mentoring relationships and shares why they’re important.
- [04:09] – Belle paints a picture of who is mentoring in workplaces and what we want this to look like.
- [07:18] – Belle discusses by mentoring is particularly important for marginalized and disadvantaged groups in workplaces.
- [13:29] – Belle shares how mentoring can support diversity and inclusion initiatives for the whole of workplace change.
- [16:09] – Belle highlights what steps we can take to go from ordinary mentoring relationships to extraordinary mentoring relationships.
- [21:45] – Belle shares the immediate next steps we can take to open ourselves up to being mentors.
- [23:16] – Belle explains what leaders need to know to ensure their mentoring programs are achieving the outcomes they hope for.
- [26:42] – Belle enters the lightning round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Belle!
- Do Your Leaders Have A THRIVE Mindset?
Podcast with Dr. Paige Williams
- Can You Build Bridges of Connection?
Podcast with Carol Kauffman
- Can You Help Create A Net Thriving Culture at Work?
Podcast with Jim Harter