Dr. Grace Lordan is the founding director of the Inclusion Initiative, director of the master’s in behavioral science, and an associate professor in behavioral science at the London School of Economics and political science. Grace’s research is focused on understanding why some individuals succeed in life and others don’t and she’s an expert on the effects of bias, discrimination, and technology and how these changes impact us. She’s also an expert advisor to the UK government sitting on their skills and productivity board and her academic writings have been published in top international journals and her new book Think Big: Take Small Steps and Build the Future You Want has just been released.
In this week’s podcast, we explore how to set and reach the future goals that matter most to us, even in the face of limited time, limiting stories, and our tendencies to self-sabotage.
Connect with Dr. Grace Lordan:GET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [03:00] – Grace explains why our future selves are often underachievers when it comes to the goals that we set.
- [05:13] – Grace offers some tips to help us think bigger when it comes to our five years goals.
- [07:31] – Grace explains why learning goals and not just performance goals hold the keys to our success
- [09:18] – Grace explains how we can reclaim the time – even in our very busy lives – to achieve the goals that matter most to our future selves.
- [13:35] – Grace shares how carrots and sticks can be used to help us prioritize time for achieving our goals.
- [16:17] – Grace cautions us on how our biases can cause us to self-sabotage when it comes to achieving our goals.
- [20:22] – Grace offers some advice for navigating the limitations other people’s stories, beliefs and biases might place on us when it comes to achieving our goals.
- [24:50] – Grace shares how we can fuel our resilience as we work towards achieving our goals.
- [31:15] – Grace completes the lightning round!
Thanks for listening!
- MPPW Podcast on Facebook
- Think Big: Take Small Steps and Build the Future You Want by Grace Lordan
- Solve for Happy by Mo Gawdat
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Grace!