Michael Bush is the CEO of Great Place to Work. The global research and analytics firm that produces the annual Fortune 100 best companies to work for list, and dozens of other distinguished workplace rankings all over the world. Driven by a love of business and an unwavering commitment to fair and equitable treatment, Michael joined Great Place to Work as CEO in 2015, bringing 30 years of experience leading and growing organizations. He’s also a former member of President Obama’s white house business council, and a founding board member of the private equity seed fund, Fund Good Jobs, which invests in small Inner-City businesses.
In this week’s episode, we discover what the latest research suggests creates a great place to work and why prioritizing people’s wellbeing improves productivity and profitability.
Connect with Michael Bush:GET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [02:32] – Michael outlines the business case for companies to be great places to work.
- [04:39] – Michael shares the evidence-based factors that help people to feel happier at work.
- [08:18] – Michael explains how the global pandemic, Black Lives Matter, and a tense political environment impacted the happiness of workers.
- [13:28] – Michael explains why organizations who prioritized their people’s wellbeing over their financial wellbeing – even during uncertain times – fared better over the past year.
- [16:35] – Michael offers some tips for how workplaces can build trust with their people.
- [26:34] – Michael shares examples of how the best places to work are helping workers navigate the transition to a ‘new normal’ or work post-pandemic.
- [31:15] – Michael enters the lightning round
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
You can also listen to all the episodes of Making Positive Psychology Work streamed directly to your smartphone or iPad through stitcher. No need for downloading or syncing.
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Michael!
Free Leaders Survey Tool
Take our free five minute survey to minimize psychosocial risks and build on psychological safetyLearn More
Wellbeing Survey For Youth
Our free PERMAH Wellbeing Survey Tool For Youth is now available.Learn More
Wellbeing Survey For Kids
Our FREE PERMAH Survey tool for Kids under 12 is now available.Learn More
Listen to the world’s leading positive psychology researchers and practitioners as they share their insights on our top-rated podcast.Listen Now
Do you want to help boost people’s wellbeing, resilience & performance? Then join us for the next round of Certificate In Creating Wellbeing.Learn More
- Making Positive Psychology Work - Afterparty
Podcast with Chelle, Paige and Michelle
- Do You Have A Wellbeing Strategy?
Podcast with Dr. Peggy Kern
- Do You Need A Wise Intervention?
Podcast with Greg Walton