Mandy O’Neill, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor of Management at the George Mason University School of Business and a Senior Scientist at the University Center for the Advancement of Wellbeing. Mandy holds a doctorate in Organizational Behavior from Stanford University Graduate School of Business where she was a National Science Foundation graduate fellow and is an expert on organizational culture, immersions in the workplace, and women’s careers.
Mandy consults and conducts academic research across a wide range of organizations, including Fortune 500 corporations, global technology firms, major medical centers, and emergency response teams. Her work has been published in a variety of scholarly and practitioner journals, including Administrative Science Quarterly, Academy of Management Journal, Fast Company, Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, and the Harvard Business Review.
In this episode, we look at the headlines of the Wellbeing Lab research from the US and the importance of a culture of companionate love in workplaces.
Connect with Mandy O’Neill:GET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [03:50] – Mandy shares an overview of the most recent Wellbeing Lab research results from the US.
- [11:23] – Mandy explains what companionate love is and the impact it has on workplaces.
- [14:28] – Mandy explains the difference between cognitive and emotional culture.
- [17:28] – Mandy shares the impact that leaders demonstrating companionate love has in workplaces.
- [21:22] – Mandy suggests ways leaders can build a culture of companionate love.
- [26:08] – Mandy enters the lightning round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Mandy!