Podcast with Dan Cable
Today we’re talking to Dan Cable, professor of organizational behavior at the London business school, whose research and teaching focuses on employee engagement, change, organizational culture, and leadership mindset. An award-winning researcher, Dan has published more than 50 articles in scientific journals, been extensively featured in business publications around the world, and the academy of management perspectives ranked Dan in the top 25 most influential management scholars. His newest book is Exceptional: Build Your Personal Highlight Reel & Unlock Your Potential. Dan’s clients include BMW, Deloitte, Siemens, Twitter, and many more.
in this week’s episode, we explore how building a personal highlight reel can be effective in understanding our strengths, and dan shares with us the results of his research on the impact this has for individuals and teams.
Connect with Dan Cable:
- [02:39] – Dan shares why we may struggle putting our strengths to use in our daily lives
- [04:23] – Dan explains the three-step process to the personal highlight reel
- [07:10] – Dan explains why the personal hi-light reel is effective
- [09:49] – Dan explains the impact that doing the personal highlight reel might have in your life
- [13:57] – Dan shares the bottom-line outcomes for workplaces of focusing on people’s strengths
- [14:51] – Dan provides some tips to help us with self-reflection
- [22:45] – Dan shares how creating a personal highlight reel helps us have an impact in the world
- [24:26] – Dan describes some cautions and caveats to be aware of with the personal highlight reel
- [26:17] – Dan completes the lightning round
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you Dan!