Podcast with Dominic Price
Today we’re talking to Dominic Price who is the Work Futurist at Atlassian Software, an Australian multinational that develops products for software development, project management, and content management including our teams’ all-time favorite tool, Trello. Dom has responsibilities spanning seven global research and development centers, and he is the in house team doctor who helps Atlassian scale by being ruthlessly efficient and effective with one eye on the future, and he’s personally run hundreds of sessions with Atlassian’s teams globally to help them build healthy and high-performing teams.
In this week’s episode, we explore evidence-based, playful practices to improve the health and performance of teams – even in the midst of challenges.
Connect with Dominic Price:
- [02:22] – Dom shares his insights on some of the biggest changes that you think workplaces might face when it comes to trying to bring out the best in their people as they start to look ahead to 2021.
- [05:41] – Dom explains how Atlassian are finding ways to bring out the best in their teams and create a better normal, in response to the challenges of COVID-19.
- [11:45] – Dom explains how the changes in where people are working as a result of COVID-19 pose new diversity and inclusivity challenges for many workplaces.
- [17:33] – Dom offers some tips for helping leaders shift their mindsets and embrace the creation of healthy and high performing teams as the most important of their role in workplaces.
- [23:23] – Dom shares his favorite approaches to improve the health and performance of teams.
- [28:41] – Dom explains why 75% of teams report being dysfunctional and how we can minimize the challenges that make workers feel this way.
- [32:46] – Dom enters the lightning round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Dom!