Podcast with Stephen Carter
Stephen Carter is the founder of one of Australia’s fastest-growing, privately-owned recruitment firms, Sharp and Carter, who have five offices and more than 120 staff around the country.
In this week’s podcast, we explore how putting people first by using positive leadership approaches has helped one workplace grow their revenue by 55% per annum for the last five years.
Connect with Stephen Carter:
- [02:13] – Carts explains how putting people first has helped his organization grow 55% per annum for the past five years.
- [04:35] – Carts shares why their leadership team felt confident to put people before profit.
- [07:03] – Carts outlines how the shift to putting people first was explained to employees and what they did to overcome people’s cynicism about this approach.
- [09:30] – Carts share the cultural pillars that emerged as a result of putting people first and how these are used to guide people’s day to day behaviors in the business.
- [13:24] – Carts outlines how positive leadership practices have been scaled and embedded across their organization – even when trust gets broken.
- [18:15] – Carts explains how they try to support people who are really struggling when it comes to their wellbeing at work.
- [21:07] – Carts offers some tips for how leaders can look after their own wellbeing as they try to put people first in their organization.
- [24:31] – Carts completes the Lightning Round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you Stephen!