Podcast with Loretta Breuning
Loretta Breuning is the founder of the Inner Mammal Institute, which helps people manage the ups and downs of their mammal brain. As professor emerita of management at California State University East Bay, Loretta’s research explores how people can discover the power of their mammalian operating system. The author of several books, including Habits of a Happy Brain, Loretta had shared her research, and talks all over the world.
In this week’s podcast, we explore our brain’s happy chemicals and how we can create more happy chemicals as we work.
Connect with Loretta Breuning:
- [02:11] – Loretta explains how dopamine work and why it is important for us at work.
- [05:10] – Loretta offers some practical ways to spark more dopamine at work.
- [06:33] – Loretta outline how endorphins help our brains to perform.
- [09:00] – Loretta explores if endorphins might help ease social or emotional pain at work.
- [10:15] – Loretta explains the upside and the downside of oxytocin at work.
- [13:01] – Loretta explores how oxytocin can help us to build belonging and psychological safety in workplaces.
- [16:44] – Loretta explains how serotonin shapes our relationships at work.
- [21:35] – Loretta outlines how we can create happy brain habits to stimulate these chemicals.
- [23:43] – Loretta completes the Lightning Round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you Loretta!