John Hagel, who’s recently retired as a partner from Deloitte, where he was the founder and chairman of the Silicon Valley-based Deloitte Centre for the Edge, which focuses on identifying emerging business opportunities that are not yet on the CEO’s agenda. With more than 40 years experience as a management consultant, author, speaker, and entrepreneur, John has just released a new book, The Journey Beyond Fear, which addresses the psychology of change. And he’s also developing a series of programs to help people navigate through change at many levels.
In this week’s episode we chat with John Hagel, who helps us discover how positive emotions can help us move beyond fear.
Connect with John Hagel:GET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [02:20] – John shares why psychology is as important as strategy
- [04:31] – John shares how narratives help us move beyond fear
- [10:07] – John discusses the power of alignment with your personal and organizational narratives
- [13:07] – John outlines how the passion for the explorer helps us move beyond fear
- [17:39] – John discusses the benefits of productive friction in teams
- [20:48] – John explores learning platforms and how they might work
- [30:25] – John answers the lightning round!
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you, John!