Pat Wadors is the Chief Talent Officer and Chief Human Resource Officer for ServiceNow. Prior to joining ServiceNow, Pat was Senior Vice President, Global Talent organization at LinkedIn, where her focus was on recruiting and developing top talent, driving organizational transformation, supporting a highly engaged workforce, and growing LinkedIn’s global footprint.
In this episode, we discuss how to build inclusive and diverse workplaces where people feel like they belong so you can create psychological safety, develop people’s strengths, and support growth mindsets.
Connect with Pat Wadors:
Website: https://www.servicenow.com/GET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [02:08] – Pat offers some tips for how we can teach people the skills to help them more confidently feel like they can be authentic, vulnerable and curious at work.
- [03:27] – Pat explains how sharing gratitude stories can help people improve their relationships with each other at work.
- [05:10] – Pat shares how she’s been exploring what it looks like to be a great place to work in really healthy ways for employees.
- [08:26] – Pat explains how treating each other beautifully at work also requires us to know and honor our boundaries.
- [10:55] – Pat shares why our efforts at diversity and inclusion in workplaces are still often falling short of our goals.
- [13:54] – Pat explains how we teach managers to help their people uncover and develop their superpowers at work.
- [16:18] – Pat offers some tips for building psychological safety in workplace teams.
- [18:57] – Pat shares how the growth mindset methodology has been used at ServiceNow to help people learn from their failures.
- [20:21] – Pat shares some caveats and cautions for building cultures of belonging.
- [21:42] – Pat completes the Lightning round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you Pat!