Podcast with Dr. Suzy Green
Dr. Suzy Green is a Clinical and Coaching Psychologist – and Founder & CEO of The Positivity Institute, a positively deviant organization dedicated to the research and application of Positive Psychology for life, school, and work. She is a leader in the complementary fields of Coaching Psychology and Positive Psychology, was the recipient of an International Positive Psychology Fellowship Award, has lectured on Applied Positive Psychology as a Senior Adjunct Lecturer in the Coaching Psychology Unit, at the University of Sydney for ten years, and is an Honorary Vice President of the International Society for Coaching Psychology. On top of all of that, Suzy has just released her brand new book called – The Positivity Prescription.
In this week’s podcast, we explore what ‘wellbeing coaching’ is and how we can make this more accessible in workplaces.
Connect with Suzy Green:
- [02:42] – Suzy shares what wellbeing coaching is and how it differs from other types of coaching.
- [04:39] – Suzy paints a picture of what a wellbeing coaching experience might be like.
- [06:33] – Suzy explains what makes coaching particularly effective when it comes to improving people’s wellbeing.
- [08:50] – Suzy highlights what might be holding back workplaces from engaging wellbeing coaching.
- [11:10] – Suzy how we might make coaching more accessible to workplaces.
- [13:19] – Suzy discusses the questions and cautions we should be considering when it comes to offering group coaching.
- [16:05] – Suzy shares the three Ms for building positivity.
- [18:04] – Suzy shares practical ways to enhance our mindfulness, mindset, and mood.
- [21:12] – Suzy enters the lightning round.
- MPPW Podcast on Facebook Group
- The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor
- The Happiness Trap by Russ Harris & Steven C. Hayes PhD
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Suzy!