Today we’re talking to Vikki Reynolds, who’s an activist and therapist who works to bridge the worlds of social justice with community work and therapy. An adjunct professor, she’s written and presented internationally on her work, responding to the opioid catastrophe, refugees and survivors of torture, and supporting violence, mental health, substance abuse, housing, and shelter counselors in gender and sexually diverse communities.
In this week’s episode, we explore how to find our zone of fabulousness and the power of collective accountability in the face of work experiences that can lead to “burnout”.
Connect with Vikki ReynoldsGET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [01:47] – Vikki explains why our approaches to vicarious trauma and burnout in workplaces need re-thinking.
- [03:33] – Vikki shares how we can each find our Zone of Fabulousness when it comes to helping others at work.
- [04:45] – Vikki explains why the goal of ‘safe enough’ rather than psychological safety may serve us better when it comes to sustaining connection with each other.
- [08:26] – Vikki offers some tips to help us resist the politics of politeness and instead embrace the potential value of discord.
- [10:45] – Vikki explains the power of collective accountability to enact our ethics.
- [23:40] – Vikki enters the lightning round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
You can also listen to all the episodes of Making Positive Psychology Work streamed directly to your smartphone or iPad through stitcher. No need for downloading or syncing.
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Vikki!
Free Leaders Survey Tool
Take our free five minute survey to minimize psychosocial risks and build on psychological safetyLearn More
Wellbeing Survey For Youth
Our free PERMAH Wellbeing Survey Tool For Youth is now available.Learn More
Wellbeing Survey For Kids
Our FREE PERMAH Survey tool for Kids under 12 is now available.Learn More
Listen to the world’s leading positive psychology researchers and practitioners as they share their insights on our top-rated podcast.Listen Now
Do you want to help boost people’s wellbeing, resilience & performance? Then join us for the next round of Certificate In Creating Wellbeing.Learn More
- Making Positive Psychology Work - Afterparty
Podcast with Chelle, Paige and Michelle
- Do You Have A Wellbeing Strategy?
Podcast with Dr. Peggy Kern
- Do You Need A Wise Intervention?
Podcast with Greg Walton