Podcast with Paula Davis
Paula Davis is the Founder and CEO of The Stress and Resilience Institute, a training and consulting firm that partners with organizations to help them reduce burnout and build resilience at the team, leader, and organizational level. A graduate of the Master’s of Applied Positive Psychology at the University of Pennsylvania, Paula is a two-time recipient of the distinguished teaching award from the Medical College of Wisconsin. And her expertise has been featured in media outlets all over the world. She’s also the author of a wonderful new book called Beating Burnout at Work: Why Teams Hold the Secret to Well-Being and Resilience.
In this week’s episode, we explore how teams and leaders can work together to lower the risk of burnout.
Connect with Paula Davis:
- [02:46] – Paula explains why addressing burnout has become such a big issue in workplaces in recent years.
- [05:00] – Paula defines the difference between burnout and stress.
- [08:51] – Paula shares why we need to cause approach – and not simply a symptoms approach – to addressing burnout in workplaces.
- [12:20] – Paula explains why teams play such an important role when it comes to addressing burnout.
- [14:34] – Paula shares some of the simple steps teams can take to lower the risk of burnout.
- [18:49] – Paula explains how tiny noticeable things in teams can have a big impact on burnout.
- [23:06] – Paula provides some suggestions on what leaders can do to positively impact their team’s stress level and try to decrease burnout.
- [33:19] – Paula completes the lightning round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Paula!