Today we’re talking to Doctors Peter and Susan Glaser, who have spent their lifetimes researching and teaching people how to connect through conscious communication. Life and business partners for 40 years, they have published three books, including the highly acclaimed Be Quiet, Be Heard: The Paradox of Persuasion, and more than 40 research articles, as well as working with Fortune 500 companies all over the world, including Microsoft, Facebook, and Sony to name a few.
In this week’s episode, we explore the simple skills that can improve our ability to listen in ways that help us to understand and persuade each other.
Connect with Peter & Susan Glaser:GET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [02:37] – Peter and Susan explain why studies suggest that being quiet might be the most powerful way to persuade others.
- [05:59] – Susan and Peter explain how different conversations at work require us to listen more to others.
- [07:16] – Peter and Susan explain why listening can be so hard for so many of us.
- [09:46] – Susan and Peter share some tips to help us really listen to understand rather than just making it sound like we’re listening.
- [12:46] – Peter and Susan offer some practical tips for those of us who really struggle to listen even when we’re trying hard to give other people more talk time.
- [15:37] – Susan and Peter explain how we can consciously communicate with each other when conversations are challenging.
- [22:17] – Peter & Susan enter the lightning round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Peter & Susan!