Podcast with Bruce Daisley
Bruce Daisley was previously Twitter’s most senior employee outside of the United States in his role as Vice President across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Bruce’s passion for improving work led him to create the podcast Eat Sleep Work Repeat on using evidence-based approaches to make work better and he’s recently released a book of the same name.
In today’s podcast, we explore how leaders can help bring out the best in their teams as more workers suddenly find themselves working remotely.
Connect with Bruce Daisley:
- [02:48] – Bruce shares some of the evidence-based practices that helped him to bring out the best in himself and his teams at Twitter.
- [07:20] – Bruce shares Twitter’s invitation to #lovewhereyouwork and why as a leader this became his priority.
- [11:33] – Bruce offers some practical tips for staying physically distanced but socially connected with each other at work.
- [14:54] – Bruce explains how we can manage the stress that comes with working more remotely.
- [18:07] – Bruce offers some examples of how teams can build and maintain psychological safety with each other.
- [22:55] – Bruce shares why positive effect and laughter helps teams to be in sync with each other and what we can do to create more laughter our workplaces.
- [24:32] – Bruce enters the lightning round
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Bruce!