Al Comeaux is a former executive at Travelocity, GE, American airlines. As a senior leader, Al has championed change across a range of workplaces and undertaken a 20-year journey researching why so many change efforts fail and what’s needed for success.
Al is the founder of Primed For Change, a disruptive project to prepare leaders to take organizations successfully through change, and this week he has released a new book called Change Management.
In this episode, we explore how senior leaders think about change in workplaces and how they can balance being SMART with taking an approach that wins people’s HEARTS.
Connect with Al Comeaux:GET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [02:58] – Al explains what most often takes leaders by surprise when it comes to trying to successfully create change in workplaces.
- [06:23] – Al helps us explore if leaders should be more focused on understanding the problems or the opportunities for change in their organization.
- [07:44] – Al offers tips for helping leaders to consistently explain the opportunity for change across their workplace, whilst allowing teams to make the change personally meaningful.
- [09:43] – Al offers guidance on when leaders should try a top-down versus open source approach to leading change.
- [14:52] – Al provides examples of how leaders can be SMART and have HEART when it comes to leading change.
- [18:24] – Al offers examples leaders model the change consistently.
- [22:31] – Al offers some tips for turning around the change cynics.
- MPPW Podcast on Facebook Group
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
You can also listen to all the episodes of Making Positive Psychology Work streamed directly to your smartphone or iPad through stitcher. No need for downloading or syncing.
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Al!
Wellbeing Survey For Youth
Our free PERMAH Wellbeing Survey Tool For Youth is now available.Learn More
Do you want to help boost people’s wellbeing, resilience & performance? Then join us for the next round of Certificate In Creating Wellbeing.Learn More
ARE YOU A THRIVING LEADER?
Find out where you're thriving and struggling as you care for your team.TAKE THE SURVEY
Listen to the world’s leading positive psychology researchers and practitioners as they share their insights on our top-rated podcast.Listen Now
- Making Positive Psychology Work - Afterparty
Podcast with Chelle, Paige and Michelle
- Are You Embracing Neurodiversity?
Podcast with Dr. Nancy Doyle
- Can You Navigate Hard Changes?
Podcast with Michael Bungay Stanier