Podcast with Manfred F. R. Kets de Vries
Manfred Kets de Vries is a distinguished clinical professor of leadership development and organizational change at INSEAD, whose work explores the interface between management science, psychoanalysis, development psychology, evolutionary psychology, neuroscience, psychotherapy, executive coaching, and consulting. Manfred is one of the pioneers in the field of global leadership. He has published more than 400 academic papers and is the author, co-author, or editor of 52 books, including his most recent publication, The CEO Whisperer: Meditations on Leadership, Life, and Change.
In this week’s episode we explore what makes an organization authentizotic, and we uncover strategies leaders can use to help people feel engaged and wholly alive in the workplace.
Connect with Manfred F. R. Kets de Vries:
- [02:29] – Manfred shares what an ‘authentizotic’ organization is.
- [03:08] – Manfred shares the factors leaders can focus on to help create authentizotic organizations.
- [06:30] – Manfred shares how leader group coaching can help an organization become more authentizotic.
- [08:14] – Manfred shares examples of team coaching activities.
- [14:41] – Manfred shares a real-life example of the power of the self-portrait activity
- [16:12] – Manfred shares how to begin becoming a more authentizotic leader.
- [17:01] – Manfred shares some cautions and caveats of doing this work.
- [18:34] – Manfred completes the lightning round!
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Manfred!