Podcast with Jon Berghoff
Jon Berghoff is a co-founder and managing partner of The Flourishing Leadership Institute. He has designed and facilitated whole system change efforts through large group collaborative summits for businesses and institutions of all sizes. His work on appreciative leadership, emotionally intelligent negotiating, and influence has taken him to Australia, Japan, the UK, and Australia and he was recently the official design and facilitation partner for the 4th Global Forum for Business as an Agent of Well Benefit.
In this conversation, you will hear Jon share his knowledge and experience of Appreciative Inquiry. He discusses the approach of an appreciative Inquiry Summit and provides some examples for us to learn from and get inspired by. Jon also explains how we can bring Appreciative Inquiry into our daily interactions at work.
Connect with Jon Berghoff:
- [01:54] – Jon shares how we can unleash our ability to come alive, be at our best, play to our strengths, innovate from everywhere, and deepen our sense of purpose.
- [02:42] – Jon describes what an Appreciative Inquiry Summit is.
- [03:42] – Jon shares his definition of Appreciative Inquiry.
- [04:53] – Jon provides an example of an Appreciative Inquiry Summit.
- [09:50] – Jon talks about his work with the City of Cleveland using Appreciative Inquiry.
- [12:58] – Jon shares his thoughts on when an Appreciative Inquiry Summit is an appropriate tool.
- [19:43] – Jon explains how Appreciative Inquiry can be used in every day work moments.
- [25:19] – The Lightning Round with Jon Berghoff.
- Conscious Business: How to Build Values Through Value – Fred Kofman and Ken Wilbur
- Spiritual Capital: Wealth We Can Live By – Danah Zohar and Ian Marshall
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Special thanks to Jon for joining us this week. Until next time, take care!