Podcast with Mo McKenna
My guest today is Maureen McKenna, a partner at Innovation Works and author of “Pink Steel-Toed Shoes,” a story about her experience as the first female manager in manufacturing at Xerox.
Maureen’s Blog: https://momentsbymoment.com/
She talks with us about how organizations can create a healthy climate, and increasing return on energy. Mo shares her AIR framework for creating small, appreciative changes in any workplace. She also explains how she introduces the practices of positive psychology and appreciative inquiry into workplaces.
- [1:50] What she hopes people took away from her speech at the Canadian Conference
- [2:40] How to focus on return on energy in the workplace
- [4:40] Learning from the past, moving forward, and her “Fresh Air” framework
- [6:40] She tells an anecdote that is an example of self-awareness in the workplace
- [8:15] How we choose to respond to “Vertical Leadership”
- [9:10] How to help people to change their mindset and have a safe place for micropractices
- [12:20] How to challenge each other’s thought processes without negative connotations
- [14:00] The Lightning Round with Maureen McKenna!
- Innovation Works Website: http://www.innovationworks.ca/
- “Appreciative Living” – Jacqueline Bascobert Kelm
- “Reinventing Organizations” – Frederick Laloux
- Canadian Positive Psychology Association
- 3rd Canadian Conference on Positive Psychology
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Special thanks to Maureen for joining me this week. Until next time, take care!