My guest today is Louis Alloro. Louis is the co-founder and director of the Certificate in Positive Psychology program. He consults on culture change initiatives all over the world.
Louis Alloro’s website: https://certificateinpositivepsychology.com/capp-faculty/louis-alloro/
In this interview, you will hear Louis describe the Certificate in Positive Psychology program. He talks about the technical content of this six-month program and shares how they teach participants to “walk the walk” with the concepts that are covered. Louis also shares the challenges he encounters in helping organization implement positive psychology practices, the power of polarity thinking, and why self-awareness, self-compassion and self-care are so important for practitioners.
- [1:44] – Louis talks about the different types of professionals that are drawn to the Certificate in Positive Psychology program and he describes what this program offers.
- [3:50] – The Certificate in Positive Psychology program is organized around the Perma-V model and Louis describes what this entails, in regards to technical content.
- [6:48] – Louis talks about helping participants “walk the walk” and putting this technical content into practice.
- [8:13] – “When happiness is our pursuit, sometimes that causes a deficit in happiness in some people.”
- [10:13] – Louis talks about the growing trend of stress and burnout in practitioners.
- [13:07] – Louis addresses resistance of positive psychology practices within organizations, especially at the executive level.
- [17:05] – Louis describes how “polarity thinking” helps bring light to interdependent values and how the program teaches how to manage the polarities.
- [20:12] – The Lightning Round with Louis Alloro
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind – Yuval Noah Harari – https://amzn.com/0062316095
- Certificate in Positive Psychology – http://certificateinpositivepsychology.com
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Special thanks to Ilona for joining me this week. Until next time, take care!
- Do Your Leaders Have A THRIVE Mindset?
Podcast with Dr. Paige Williams
- Can You Build Bridges of Connection?
Podcast with Carol Kauffman
- Can You Help Create A Net Thriving Culture at Work?
Podcast with Jim Harter