Podcast with Carin Rockind
Carin Rockind joins me on the podcast this week. Carin is the creator of Purpose Girl, a movement to empower purpose-driven living. She is also a leading happiness expert who works with companies around the world, teaching real-life strategies to help people live to their fullest potential of success and well-being.
Are you searching for purpose? Carin suggests purpose isn’t something external to you. Rather it’s a verb, it’s what you do that lights you up – it might be inspiring others, teaching, empowering, making a positive difference in others’ lives, or being creative. Tapping into this can help you find opportunities to follow your purpose within your existing job or create new possibilities to increase your happiness.
Connect with Carin Rockind:
- [01:15] – Carin believes purpose is the driving force behind who we are. She explains why purpose is so important.
- [02:32] – Carin explains why it’s so difficult people to discover their purpose.
- [05:19] – Carin talks about finding purpose in your existing situation.
- [11:00] – “Start where you are.” Carin talks about how the start the process of identifying and working towards your purpose and what lights you up.
- [12:38] – If you are unable to “start where you are” in your company, Carin explains other venues that you can use.
- [13:28] – Carin encourages you to not hide your passions.
- [16:39] – Carin describes how leaders can help individuals find more purpose in their work.
- [20:30] – Carin says we can’t have too much purpose because it leads to life satisfaction. However, it can lead to obsession, which impacts other areas of our lives.
- [23:15] – The Lightning Round with Carin Rockind.
- F Midlife
- Strength Based Leadership: Great Leaders, Teams, and Why People Follow – Gallup & Tom Rath
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life – Jen Sincero
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are – Brene Brown
- Brene Brown Ted Talks
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Special thanks to Carin for joining me this week. Until next time, take care!