In this interview, you will hear Wayne talk about how to create a giving culture in even the most traditional organization. He explains how to facilitate a reciprocation ring, where this kind of intervention can go wrong and the kind of positive results workplaces can expect.
● [1:41] – Wayne shares some takeaways from his presentation at The Positive Business Conference on creating a giving culture.
● [2:30] – Wayne talks about the reciprocity ring.
● [4:08] – Why the biggest barrier is getting people to ask for what they need.
● [5:07] – Wayne talks about why so many organizations struggle to create a giving culture.
● [6:35] – The fundamental human principle of reciprocity.
● [7:12] – Why takers give almost as frequently as givers give.
● [8:03] – The business benefits of the reciprocity ring.
● [12:37] – Setting boundaries in reciprocity and denying the power in reciprocity by not asking.
● [17:08] – The Lightning Round with Wayne Baker
Learn more about the reciprocity ring at http://www.humaxnetworks.com/default.asp
Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success – Adam M. Grant
Seveneves – Neal Stephenson
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Special thanks to Wayne for joining me this week. Until next time, take care!