Vincent Stanley, an author and chief story-teller with Patagonia joins me on this episode of the podcast. In this conversation, you will hear Vincent talk about Patagonia’s journey from sustainability to responsibility, the mistakes they’ve made along the way and how they’ve won the hearts and minds of employees.
Connect with Vincent Stanley
- [02:18] – Vincent shares why he believes organizations shouldn’t focus on sustainability.
- [04:23] – Vincent talks about Patagonia’s journey towards responsibility.
- [07:17] – Vincent explains how Patagonia have used story-telling and experiences to convince their employees to embrace this change.
- [13:15] – Vincent shares how Patagonia’s willingness to stumble on it’s responsibility journey has helped the company plan more proactively.
- [14:30] – The lightning round with Vincent Stanley.
- The Responsible Company: What We’ve Learned From Patagonia’s First 40 Years – Vincent Stanley and Yvon Chouinard
- Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman – Yvon Chouinard
- Theory U: Leading from the Future as It Emerges – C. Otto Scharmer
- How to Thrive in the Next Economy: Designing Tomorrow’s World Today – John Thackara
- Thinking in Systems: A Primer – Donnella H. Meadows and Diana Wright
- Positive Business Conference
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Special thanks to Vincent for joining me this week. Until next time, take care!