Podcast with Monica Worline
An organizational psychologist, scholar, speaker and writer, Monica Worline is the founder and CEO of Alive and Work, an organization that teaches businesses how to tap into courageous thinking, compassionate leadership, and the curiosity to bring their best work to life.
In this conversation, you’ll hear Monica Worline explains the importance of compassion in workplaces and how it can confer measurable competitive advantages in areas like innovation, collaboration, service quality, and talent attraction and retention. She outlines four steps for meeting suffering with compassion at work and shows us how to build a capacity for compassion into the structures and practices of any workplace.
Connect with Monica Worline
- [02:02] – Monica defines compassion and explains how compassion is different than empathy.
- [03:52] – Monica explains how research shows that compassion impacts the bottom line of workplaces.
- [06:34] – Monica walks us through a personal blueprint for awakening compassion in each of us at work.
- [12:06] – Monica explains how an entire organization can awaken compassion and embed it into the ways they work together.
- [17:43] – Monica talks about the fears that leaders experience when considering compassion for employees.
- [19:04] – Monica shares how stories can help build compassionate workplaces.
- [25:40] – The lightning round with Monica Worline
- Awakening Compassion at Work: The Quiet Power That Elevates People and Organizations – Monica Worline and Jane E Dutton
- Curious? Discover the Missing Ingredient to a Fulfuilling Life – Todd B. Kashdan
- Talk of Love: How Culture Matters – Ann Swindler
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Special thanks to Monica for joining me this week. Until next time, take care!