Paige Williams is a Positive Change Solutionary who uses the science of wellbeing to create sustainable positive change within individuals and organizations. She is a lecturer with The Center for Positive Psychology at the University of Melbourne.
In this conversation, you will hear Paige share her research on how an Inside-Out-Outside-In approach to improving wellbeing can help to improve work happiness in organizations. Paige explains how achieving successful and sustainable change relies on the dynamic interplay been the individual and the system that they are part of and the practical strategies organizations can use to create upward and sustainable spirals of wellbeing.
Connect with Paige Williams:
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/paige-williams/
- [01:48] – Paige published a paper, Inside-Out-Outside-In: A Dual Approach Model To Developing Work Happiness. She explains this approach to wellbeing in workplaces.
- [04:52] – Paige explains how workplaces can leverage the factors that help us to improve from the inside out.
- [05:59] – Paige lists the factors that make up psychological capital and how they can influence outside in elements.
- [07:42] – Paige describes how a three-day positive psychology training intervention helped build psychological capital in people.
- [10:43] – Paige talks about using Kim Cameron’s Positive Practices framework to help organizations build more positive cultures.
- [12:15] – Paige lists the insights she shares with leaders who are looking to improve workplace wellbeing.
- [14:44] – Paige talks about helping organizations and individuals implement and sustain these wellbeing practices.
- [16:05] – Paige talks about how leaders can provide people with opportunities to reinforce the positive training they’ve received.
- [17:02] – Paige discusses what she would like to research in the future.
- [19:11] – The Lightning Round with Paige Williams
- Being Wrong: Adventures in the Margin of Error – Kathryn Schulz
- Positive Psychology as Social Change – Robert Biwas-Diener
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Special thanks to Paige for joining me this week. Until next time, take care!
- Do Your Leaders Have A THRIVE Mindset?
Podcast with Dr. Paige Williams
- Can You Build Bridges of Connection?
Podcast with Carol Kauffman
- Can You Help Create A Net Thriving Culture at Work?
Podcast with Jim Harter