Podcast with Jenn Lim
Jenn Lim is the CEO of Delivering Happiness, a company she and Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com, co-founded to inspire passion and purpose as part of their profitable happiness business model. To achieve this, Jenn delivers talks, interactive workshops, executive alignment sessions and culture team training for companies all over the world, and with the help of her team, they also create some wonderful tools to measure and improve happiness in workplaces.
In today’s episode, we’ll be discussing how to leverage Self-Determination Theory practices to help employees feel happier, ensure customers are more satisfied and deliver and improve the bottom line for your workplace.
Connect with Jenn Lim:
- [02:00] – Jenn shares the story of Zappos and how they have created a flourishing culture.
- [06:21] – Jenn explains how Self-Determination Theory provides the foundation for a happiness business model.
- [07:36] – Jenn shares practical examples of how to improve autonomy and competence in workplaces.
- [10:57] – Jenn explains how Zappos helps build relatedness in the workplace between managers and their teams.
- [13:45] – Jenn shares some tips and tricks for helping people in your organization live the cultural values.
- [17:43] – Jenn explains why Zappos offer people money to quit during their induction to ensure they have the right cultural fit.
- [20:06] – Jenn shares some real-world examples of the kind of business outcomes organizations are achieving by investing in the happiness of their employees.
- [24:07] – Jenn completes the lightning round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you Jenn!