Today we’re talking to Alex Linley and Trudy Bailey from Capp, whose vision is to match the world to their perfect job. Alex is one of the early leaders in positive psychology and its applications, particularly around strengths, and he’s the author of From Average to A+. Trudy’s been responsible for the relaunch of Capp’s Strength Profile tool and ensuring that practitioners have access to the tools to build a strengths-based culture that’s sustaining.
In this episode, we discuss the business case for understanding how the use, energy, and performance of our strengths can improve our performance, wellbeing and business outcomes.
Connect with Alex & Trudy:
Website:GET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [02:22] – Alex summarizes his three most important findings on developing people’s strengths at work.
- [04:25] – Trudy shares new research on how using our strengths can help us to achieve our goals.
- [05:48] – Trudy explains how the Strengths Profile tool works to help people develop their strengths.
- [07:32] – Alex explains how understanding the use, energy, and performance impact of our strengths is so important for their development.
- [10:05] – Trudy offers some practical tips on how to make the most of people’s strengths at work.
- [12:47] – Alex outlines how a strengths approach can be used to help match people to their perfect jobs and the business benefits it can bring.
- [17:10] – Trudy provides some practical approaches for leaders to develop their people’s strengths as they go about their jobs.
- [19:04] – Alex shares his three alarm bells when it comes to workplaces wanting to take a strengths approach.
- [21:52] – Alex shares his thoughts on the single biggest challenge for organizations to remain strengths focused.
- [23:44] – Alex & Trudy completes the lightning round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
You can also listen to all the episodes of Making Positive Psychology Work streamed directly to your smartphone or iPad through stitcher. No need for downloading or syncing.
Until next time, take care! Thank you Alex & Trudy!
Wellbeing Survey For Youth
Our free PERMAH Wellbeing Survey Tool For Youth is now available.Learn More
Wellbeing Survey For Kids
Our FREE PERMAH Survey tool for Kids under 12 is now available.Learn More
Listen to the world’s leading positive psychology researchers and practitioners as they share their insights on our top-rated podcast.Listen Now
Do you want to help boost people’s wellbeing, resilience & performance? Then join us for the next round of Certificate In Creating Wellbeing.Learn More
- Can you Highlight Your Strengths?
Podcast with Dan Cable
- Are You Working Your Strengths Muscles?
Podcast with Alissa Daire Nelson
- Is Your Organization Committed To Strengths?
Podcast with Elise Morris