Podcast With Prof. Loretta Breuning
As Professor Emerita of Management at California State University East Bay, Loretta’s research explores how people can discover their power over their mammalian operating system. She’s the author of several books, including Habits of a Happy Brain, The Science of Positivity, and the soon to be released Tame Your Anxiety.
In today’s episode, we explore how we can tame the anxiety of our mammalian brains when facing challenges at work.
Connect with Loretta Breuning:
- [02:15] – Loretta explains how anxiety can impact us neurologically at work when we’re facing challenges.
- [05:13] – Loretta explores why we might have become too anxious about being anxious at work.
- [06:43] – Loretta outlines how rewards can create a treadmill system for behaviors that can make us feel more anxious at work.
- [09:39] – Loretta explains how we can prepare ourselves to better navigate our feelings of anxiety at work.
- [14:31] – Loretta shares a tool she has created to encrypt self-soothing to help manage the anxiety that can come with learning in workplaces.
- [16:50] – Loretta offers some simple suggestions to help others tame their anxiety at work.
- [21:25] – Loretta outlines some of the pitfalls for taming anxiety in workplaces.
- [25:30] – Loretta completes the Lightning round.
- Tame Your Anxiety: Rewiring Your Brain for Happiness by Loretta Breuning
- Chimpanzee Politics: Power and Sex among Apes by Frans De Waal
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you Loretta!