Podcast with Dr. Toni Noble
Dr. Toni Noble who is an adjunct professor in the Institute for positive psychology and education at the Australian Catholic University and is widely known in education as the coauthor of the multiple award-winning positive education programme, Bounce Back. Toni’s government projects include the national safe schools’ framework, the scoping study on student wellbeing and resourcing the student wellbeing hub. And she’s worked with an international expert group in Bhutan to develop a new paradigm for the United Nations to promote wellbeing and happiness as a global goal.
In this week’s episode, Dr. Toni Noble explains why perfectionism and loneliness are rising in our schools and workplaces and what we can do practically to help people navigate these challenges to their wellbeing.
Connect with Dr. Toni Noble:
- [02:19] – Toni explains why the rise of perfectionism is an issue workplaces need to be mindful of when it comes to improving people’s wellbeing.
- [07:30] – Toni shares why dealing with perfectionism takes more than just practicing a growth mindset.
- [10:09] – Toni explains why self-compassion is such an important skill to develop when it comes to taming perfectionism.
- [13:37] – Toni outlines why loneliness is also becoming a growing issue in workplaces and what we can do practically to improve people’s relationships at work.
- [21:35] – Toni completes the Lightning Round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you Toni!