This week, I am joined by Jessica Amortegui. Jessica is the Senior Director of Learning and Development at Logitech. Logitech were the winners of the 2016 Positive Business Project Competition, presented by the Center for Positive Organizations at The University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business. Logitech designs personal peripherals, and they connect customers to their digital experiences. They are recognized for their work in creating community, where it’s employees are invigorated by the work that they do each day. Jessica has spent many years studying, writing about, and applying the practices of positive psychology and positive organizational scholarship.
In this conversation, you will hear Jessica share how Logitech is helping its employees use their strengths intelligently at work. She talks about the changes the company has seen from individuals completing the VIA Survey, using job crafting and participating in the free online strengths challenge and explains how Logitech is taking the next step of helping people discover the fears that get in the way of them using their strengths effectively at work.
Connect with Jessica Amortegui:
Website – JessicaAmortegui.comGET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [02:30] – Jessica tells us what Logitech is doing to helping people put their strengths to work each day.
- [06:02] – Recently, hundreds of Logitech employees joined us for the free online strengths challenge. Jessica talks about the change that has been seen from individuals picking one strength to work on.
- [07:46] – Jessica talks about how Logitech is taking things one step further with strengths by looking at the fears that get in the way of using our strengths intelligently.
- [10:44] – Jessica provides some examples of things that are holding people back from being able to embrace their strengths at work.
- [15:05] – Jessica shares information on creating a safe environment for people to have more authentic conversations about their strengths.
- [17:40] – Getting leaders prepared to support people after the workshops is vital. Jessica explains how Logitech is doing this.
- [19:18] – The Lightning Round with Jessica Amortegui
- The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact – Chip Heath and Dan Heath
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you Jessica!