Podcast with Nick Craig
Today we’re talking to Nick Craig, who’s the author of the newly published book Leading From Purpose, and President of the Core Leadership Institute where he guides executives at companies including Ben & Jerry’s, Heineken, ING Bank, Lego, Unilever, and more, on the journey to discover and lead with purpose. In 2007, Nick began collaborating with Professor Bill George at Harvard Business School and this led them to co-author ‘Finding Your True North: A Personal Guide’, which became the course book for the Harvard Business School MBA class Authentic Leadership Development.
In this episode, we explore the simple questions can help us find more purpose in our work and the easy actions we can take to live our purpose more consistently.
Connect with Nick Craig:
- [01:55] – Nick explains why he was converted from feeling cynical about purpose in workplaces to believing that it is instrumental.
- [06:53] – Nick shares some simple questions for helping people to find more purpose in their work.
- [08:54] – Nick explains how a purpose statement can help us to live from our purpose easily and more consistently at work.
- [10:19] – Nick shares why purpose is not our passion, not our values, and not our happiness any why living our purpose can be challenging.
- [13:57] – Nick explains how a growth mindset can help us to live our purpose.
- [16:20] – Nick outlines how purpose can fuel our levels of energy at work.
- [18:34] – Nick explains how leaders can share their sense of purpose in ways that are clear and inspiring for others.
- [20:49] – Nick completes the Lightning round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you Nick!