Today we’re talking to Zach Mercurio, whose research, teaching and consulting on how purpose and meaningfulness can help individuals and organizations unleash human potential to produce tangible results, has been applied to transform Fortune 500 companies, non-profits, schools, and universities around the world. Zach is the best selling author of “The Invisible Leader: Transform Your Life, Work, and Organization with the Power of Authentic Purpose,”
In this episode, we explore why what’s possible when purpose becomes the boss of our choices in workplaces and the practical steps you, your team and your organization can take to genuinely put meaning and purpose at the heart of what you do each day.
Connect with Zach:
GET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [01:51] – Zach explains why purpose has become a priority in workplaces over the last few years.
- [03:48] – Zach studies are finding a focus on purpose impacts the bottom-line in workplaces.
- [06:05] – Zach explains why-washing has become a problem in some workplaces and how we can avoid it.
- [07:53] – Zach outlines why purpose is a process and the pathway to purpose that workplaces can follow based on his research.
- [11:38] – Zach explains how leaders can ensure their choices and actions remain aligned to their organization’s purpose even in a dynamic, complex and unpredictable world.
- [13:53] – Zach provides an example of how leaders can keep the purpose of their organization front-of-mind as they make decisions.
- [17:07] – Zach explains what we can do practically to be more purpose-focused – no matter what our role – if our organization isn’t yet clear on its purpose.
- [19:17] – Zach offers some tips to help us deliver on our organization’s purpose more consistently.
- [24:03] – Zach completes the lightning round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
You can also listen to all the episodes of Making Positive Psychology Work streamed directly to your smartphone or iPad through stitcher. No need for downloading or syncing.
Until next time, take care! Thank you Zach!
Wellbeing Survey For Youth
Our free PERMAH Wellbeing Survey Tool For Youth is now available.Learn More
Wellbeing Survey For Kids
Our FREE PERMAH Survey tool for Kids under 12 is now available.Learn More
Listen to the world’s leading positive psychology researchers and practitioners as they share their insights on our top-rated podcast.Listen Now
Do you want to help boost people’s wellbeing, resilience & performance? Then join us for the next round of Certificate In Creating Wellbeing.Learn More
- Making Positive Psychology Work - Afterparty
Podcast with Chelle, Paige and Michelle
- Can You Unlock The Leader Within?
Podcast with Halla Tómasdóttir
- Could You Be A Positively Energizing Leader?
Podcast with Kim Cameron