Podcast with Christian Van Nieuwerburgh
Today we’re talking to professor Christian Van Nieuwerburgh. Christian is a leading academic and practitioner in the field of coaching in education. He’s a professor of coaching and positive psychology at the University of East London and executive director of Growth Coaching International, a Sydney based global coaching provider for the education sector.
In this week’s podcast, we explore the skills and art that enable us to be effective coaches.
Connect with Christian Van Nieuwerburgh:
- [02:55] – Christian explains what makes coaching so effective for development and growing wellbeing.
- [05:12] – Christian shares the top two skills coaches should develop.
- [07:25] – Christian shares the ‘art’ of coaching and how we can lean into this opportunity to make our coaching more effective.
- [13:30] – Christian highlights what coaches should be considered when supporting people faced with uncertainty and disruption.
- [37:20] – Christian enters the lightning round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Christian!