Amy Blankson is one of the world’s leading experts on the connection between positive psychology and technology. Amy is the only person to be named “a point of light” by two Presidents for creating a movement to activate positive culture change. She has worked with government agencies and large companies to help foster a sense of well-being in the digital era.
In this conversation, you will hear Amy talk about how technology is positively and negatively impacting our wellbeing at work. Amy explains how our obsession with smart phones is wearing us out, how to be intelligent and deliberate in the way we use devices and the wearable technology that can actually help to improve our wellbeing.
Connect with Amy Blankson:GET YOUR FREE MAKING IT WORK CHEATSHEET
- [02:01] – Amy explains why she believes that technology is the biggest disruptor of happiness in human history.
- [04:13] – Amy shares her thoughts where technology is taking us when considering the way we work and our wellbeing.
- [06:49] – Amy encourages us to consider our intentions when it comes to technology.
- [09:30] – Amy talks about an experiment she is currently working on, which involves the frequency of checking an email inbox.
- [11:39] – Amy shares some advice on how to set other people’s expectations based on our intentions.
- [14:04] – Amy provides us with some statistics on our technology use and its impact on our productivity.
- [16:30] – Amy talks about how this conversation may change the expectations managers put on employees.
- [19:15] – Amy explains what digital citizenship means and the practices we need to use to role model good behavior.
- [21:16] – Amy talks about her current favorite wearable, The Muse Headband.
- [23:03] – The Lightning Round with Amy Blankson.
- The Future of Happiness: 5 Modern Strategies for Balancing Productivity and Well-Being in the Digital Era – Amy Blankson and Shawn Achor
- Ripple’s Effect – Shawn Achor and Amy Blankson
- Calm App
- Headspace App
- Simple Habit App
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World – Cal Newport
- Heartificial Intelligence: Embracing Our Humanity to Maximize Machines – John Havens
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care!